multifuel woes

From: Rick Welker (rickw_17030@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 09:42:48 PDT

 Hello gang,
       It been a while since I posted but here's a
question. On this past Friday my LDT-465-1D spun a
rod bearing. Still runs but needs rebuilt. I have an
LDS-465-1A newly rebuilt that I'm installing. I know
the oil pan, bellhousing and a few other things need
switched. Also installing a new radiator at the same
time. The LDS motor has the old style turbo with the
waste gate on it. Newer LDS's had the -1D turbos on
them. I can switch out the turbo (the bad engine has
a nearly new turbo on it) or leave on the old style
one. Here's the question: have there been any
"issues" with the old style with the waste gate? It's
a much bigger turbo than the -1D style and I'd prefer
to leave it if I can but will switch if it's
troublesome. Thanks, RICK