Re: M35 brakes must be vented

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2006 - 06:23:27 PDT

M35A2USA@aol.com wrote:

> On the contrary, you must be sure the cap to the MC is vented, either
> with a spring loaded vent in the hole, or with the vent tube up to the
> Air Cleaner for deep water fording or the later modification with the
> vent hanging beside the air cleaner in a inverted vertical
> position... Air in the MC must be vented to preclude residual
> pressure in the wet side of the brake system. Also, be sure to drain
> your air tanks daily and to put your OHT in the Booster every six
> months..... RAM

Alright, you guys got me wanting to get it right. The verbiage at the
link below claims that while DOT3 and DOT4 are hydrophilic, DOT5 is
*not* hydrophilic because it is "silicon based". Is this true? I
recall DOT5 is silicon(e?) based but don't know what them means with
regards to water absorption.

http://www.willystech.com/faqs/Breakout/brakes.html

Marty