Re: SEMANTICS: Bio Diesel Conversion]

From: Jim Webster (james.webster@iomartdsl.com)
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 15:30:22 PDT

noel shelley wrote:
> Hi Jim,
> Be very careful , chip shops mostly use solid fat/oil , useless
> for use as a fuel in vehicles ! One also has to be careful that the oil is
> not loaded with fat from sausages or burger Etc as this will cause rapid
> filter or fuel line clogging ! I was careless and a fuel filter lasted 10
> miles !

Fortunately the shop I went to uses oil - its more health conscious
these days apparently but your right about the fat bit. I have a big
plastic water cooler bottles filled with it and it standing in the
garage now. The fat is separating out into its own level and the bits
settling down to bottom. I figure if I leave it a while I can just stick
a tube in it, drain out the oil and have minimal filtering to do.

--
TTFN
Jim

Walking point = sniper bait. -- Murphy's Military Laws, #59