Re: SEMANTICS: Bio Diesel Conversion]

From: Darrell Ramsell (daram@comcast.net)
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 17:22:03 PDT

I've been doing something similar.

I recently found a cooking oil filter pump that does a nice job of pumping
and filtering the oil from one container to the other. It's called the
"Miracle Frying Oil Pump by Northern Tools.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product2_6970_988889_988889
It runs about $24 and has a mesh wire dishwasher safe filter on the bottom.

There is another one called the Eastman Outdoors 3-Battery Oil Pump
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006JEGE/103-1576050-8479823?v=glance&n=286168
It's cheaper but the head is made of plastic and require paper filters to be
placed on it before each use.

>From what little reviews I did find, it seems the Miracle pump was less
problematic.

Darrell