FW: Listers. I need your thoughts.

From: danjahn@qlink.ca
Date: Sun May 07 2006 - 17:01:30 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From:
danjahn@qlink.ca [mailto:danjahn@qlink.ca]
Sent: May 7, 2006 5:35 PM
To: robertmorrison@telus.net
Subject: Listers. I need your thoughts.

Hi Listers.

          MV Content: Military tires for my 6X6

  I need your thoughts with a situation that has arisen between fellow
lister Gene Pantano and myself.

  I ordered some 1100x20 tires from Gene back in January and allthough I
asked him a number of times to be sure that he was shipping 1100x20 tires I
ended up receiving 900x20 tires after paying shipping fees, duties and
taxes to get them into Canada.

  Gene was surprised to hear this and did admit that he hadn't checked the
tires but instead asked his wife to check them. Upon further investigation
he learned that his supplier had not only sent him the wrong tires, the

supplier knew he had sent the wrong ones!

  We both agreed at first it wouldn't make sense to ship them back so Gene
suggested I try to sell them up here and in the meantime he would try to
find the correct tires which by the way the supplier had sold to someone
else when he didn't hear back from Gene.

  I tried selling the tires within the two clubs up here as well as on this
list. But as I had paid too much for 900x20 tires ( 900's usually cheaper
that 1100's )no one was interested in buying.

  I tried a number of suggestions to resolve this situation but all have
been shotdown by Gene.

  Gene will only reimberce me what I paid for the tires plus I have to get
them to a friend of his in California ( 1500 miles away). He refuses to pay
any any of the shipping costs involved in this mistake ... only what I paid
for the tires.

  My last try at trying to resolve this situation resulted in a email from
Gene telling me he is tired of my whining and not to email him again. I
wonder who would be whining if I had sent him a bogus money order!

  A number of long time listers will know that Gene has used this list to
get action when he has been burned by someone, so I thought I would bring
this situation here to see what you people think.

  What I'm asking of this list is how you think the mistake should have been
resolved. I'm not asking you to judge Gene's character only constructive
criticism please.

  You can email your thoughts to me directly but I would prefer you send
them to this list in the hopes that Gene might read them and have second
thoughts.

  If nothing else I may raise some interesting discusions about using this
list to buy and sell stuff.

 Thankyou all for taking the time to read this.

Dan

---