Re: FW: Listers. I need your thoughts.

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Sun May 07 2006 - 19:50:04 PDT

Oooooooh! How I would LOVE to say what I really WANT to say about this kind of crap!...but I won't. I'd like to hear what Gene's side of the story is, too. And who is his supplier!? Perhaps the two of you would publicly agree to abide by the list's response to this after having heard both sides.

Now back to reality... Here's my two bits....

Under the circumstances, you should consider selling these tires locally at the best price you can reasonably get and getting Gene and/or his supplier to reimburse you for the difference or make it up to you by supplying you with other merchandise of similar (retail) value. This would ease some of the financial strain on their end since they get stuff at wholesale value (or lower). Remember, what you paid was retail; they took the profit margin and put it in their pockets. So you might also ask them to reimburse you for whatever their profit was. If this is all you can get under the circumstances...take it.

Don't throw good money after bad by shipping them elsewhere. Not only do you lose control of your collateral, you will no doubt be asked to wait for remittance. But if you DO ship them elsewhere, get payment up front! But I think this is a lousy solution and is asking for more trouble.

Consider this...if you are the only guy locally with new 9x20s then you may have to wait a while to sell them, but SOMEONE will come along who is contemplating having to buy a set of 9-bys and they would have to have them shipped just as you did. They can buy them from you (including the usual shipping costs) but they can have them that very day (or nearly so), without having to wait and without all the hassles....because you have them on hand and they're in-country. Of course you will have to be patient and perhaps go without your 11-bys for a while.

AND -STOP- ordering stuff through third parties!

Oh and by the way.... If you think Gene is a (insert your adjective here) don't be afraid to sound off... Gene never fails to do the same thing when he feels he's been wronged in some way.

Regards,
TJ