Re: FW: Listers. I need your thoughts.

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Sun May 07 2006 - 20:59:49 PDT

Dan, you have a right to be upset. You paid top dollar for one thing
and got something else. I don't remember exactly what you paid for the
tires but I am not surprised you didn't get that much. Were you trying
to get what you paid or was Gene going to refund the difference in what
the tires sell for? Or was the price you paid what the 900x20 actually
cost and the 1100x20 would have been even more?

In my opinion Gene's obligation in this would depend on the role he
played. On one extreme, he would be a dealer who quoited you a price
to sell you a 1100x20 tire. When you agreed to the price and sent your
payment, he ordered the tires from his wholesaler and then shipped them
to you. Gene should have made a fair profit for his trouble. The
wholesaler should have billed him less for the smaller tires so there
should be some money that could be refunded. A dealer should have done
more than you say has been done to make this right.

On the other extreme, he would be a fellow MV'er who offered to order
you some tires because he could get them either cheaper or some other
reason and you couldn't. He would only have charged you what it cost
him and didn't make any profit. He still might get some money out of
the tire dealer if he billed the same price as was quoited for the
larger tires. I would not expect him to lose any money in the deal
that has gone bad.

I suspect that Gene operates some where in between these two extremes.
We would have to know more details to decide if he has done enough. So
far I would vote the tire dealer as being the bad guy for knowingly
shipping the wrong size.

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi