RE: M35 brakes

From: Hutterer, John (MPAU) (john.hutterer@smiths-medical.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 05:29:26 PDT

Vinny,

The truck doesn't get driven very much. About a year ago, I was going to
drive it over to a friends house, to move a deuce for him. The brakes
were really low. Way too much peddle travel. I pumped them several
times, and they seemed to be working okay. On the way to my friends
house, a guy pulled out in front of me and I had to stomp on the brakes.
They worked fine, but they wouldn't release. I had to block the wheels
and go to the left rear brake bleeder and let the pressure out. A few
months later, I again had trouble with low peddle. I had replaced the
air pack a couple of years ago, so I figured that it was okay. The only
thing that made sense to me was to replace the master cylinder. I
figured that the seal was bad and that it was allowing air into the
system, or fluid to by-pass the seal. Anyway, I replaced the master
cylinder. As I said earlier, I tried to bleed the system, but must not
have done the job properly. The second time around, I found a lot of air
still trapped in the fluid. I have driven it a couple of times since
then, and the brakes seem to be working fine. Hope this helps.

John