Re: Searchlight still for sale in Iowa...

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 18:02:22 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Jankowiak" <recycler@swbell.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Searchlight still for sale in Iowa...

> That sure is a pretty searchlight!
>
> PJ
>
> Sam Cook wrote:
>
> > Just a reminder that my friend still wants to sell his light.....

I've always wanted one of those ever since I saw one in a junkyard nearby
with its generator which has since vanished right along with the junkyard.
Here in Vancouver B.C. we used them as part of the AA batteries hereabouts
both in "searchlight towers" and in the portable configuration like the Iowa
creature. At work we have a couple of ex-Coast Arty 40mm Bofors guns, and
I've always wanted to parade one of those and a searchlight behind a
correct, period MV to help put a bit of a local spin on the stuff our local
chapter takes to parades and airshows. One of those lights done up in
original paint and markings would be very cool indeed, but 30K is well
outside my price range. I should've bought the junkyard one back in the
day, but..eyaah..20-20 hindsight, I guess.