M-715 U.S.M.C registration numbers

From: Pete Trasborg (over2land@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 19:17:42 PDT

Ok, I don't know if they are registration numbers, but
I am refering to the 6 digits that the Corp put on the
715's of the era. They were in yellow, and placed on
the hood sides, front bumper and rear tailgate.

>From what I've found out so far, all the vehicles for
that era in the USMC first went to Barstow, CA, were
painted and received markings then were shipped to
their duty stations.

What I am looking to find out is if anyone knows of a
list, someone in Barstow (is there still a base
there?), or some other way to figure out what numbers
the M-715s in the Corp got on them.

Most people I talk to tell me to just use some numbers
that mean something to me... well, numbers that would
mean something to me would be numbers on a 715 that
was based out of Camp Lejeune in 1968 or '69.
However, I'm not holding my breath on that one, so I'm
hoping someone on this list has the information to
help me out.

Thanks All.

Pete