Re: Listers, I need your thoughts

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 20:50:13 PDT

I think that Dan is in Canada. But after reading through all of this -
it sounds like they were not shipped by a carrier, but by a friend who
picked them up from Gene. Is this correct Gene, Dan? The tires were
then transported to Canada. So if this is correct, then Gene is guilty
of delivering the incorrect tires to his front door. The friend may not
have checked that he had received the proper item.

If Dan had someone pickup the tires from Gene and they were transported
to to Vietnam, would Gene be responsible for the shipping cost back from
Vietnam to his place in Colorado? I don't think so. So that needs to
be considered.

Aside from that, you just can't ship tires back and forth. The shipping
will be more than the value of the tires, especially when you get into
over the border shipments. Obviously neither party wanted this
situation to exist and it seems to me that both parties have some
responsibility to resolve the situation. It sounds like Gene is
attempting that. But Gene, even if you think Dan is a Whiner, he is
still your customer. You got to take the good with the bad. I've been
selling long enough to know that.

Dan, one additional suggestion - Ebay, it works and the sale price is
public knowledge, so Gene and you will both know exactly what they sell for.

Dave