Re: Desert Paint

From: Jaeger (jaeger@teamdeltaproject.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2006 - 14:44:38 PDT

Aaron,

I just posted this same question to this list about two weeks ago. I was
able to contact a DoD contractor on the East Coast and verified that the
current, real, 100% milspec paint code you want is 33446. This comes from
a company contracted to spray FS595b CARC in West Coast facilities prior
to vehicle shipment to Iraq and Afghanistan.

I'm having my vehicle sprayed with FS595b 33446 (tan 686). If you want the
identical paint match to current US military vehicles, that's the color
you want.

FYI, CARC is apparently not for civilian use or sale but the non-CARC
paint that is available in the same FS595b standard is 100% indentical,
minus the chemical properties of CARC.

Jason