Desert Paint

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2006 - 10:10:48 PDT

List,

I'm looking at painting numerous accessories and equipment in the modern
sandy tan color that you see Humvees and Tanks painted.

Examples:
http://sill-www.army.mil/pao/photos/011101/Abrams.jpg
http://www.battletanks.com/images/Abrams_M1A2-2.jpg
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/images/m1a1_050102
a_0nw0ia2005-02-02.jpg
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/images/m998-hmmwv_
up-armored-kitted.jpg

I'd like to order from Rapco, yet their website changed, and they
dropped the color guide...
http://www.rapcoparts.com/

Using http://www.milspray.com and
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorserver/
For examples on which paint code is the exact one that I want,

My best guess is that is it 30277; "Sand Lusterless".

The paint code 33446 looks much closer per the colorserver and milspray
AKA "Tan 686". However, it doesn't seem like Rapco sells 33446 "Tan 686"

Advice please? Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Horrocks
Airsoft Reenactor's Group, Military History Preservation Society, Mopar
Alley, MVCC, Etc...
1952 M38A1 + 1952 M100 Trailer!
1970 Plymouth
1986 G.P. Medium