Re: Aberdeen after action reports?

From: V SCHWARTZ (vsaws@optonline.net)
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 10:36:00 PDT

Okay Dave, here goes AAR #2 I don't know how you missed my first one. I
guess they do tend to be Drab. The weather was great. We only had one rain
storm that came through early Friday morning. Every thing was cleared up by
the time the doors opened for the public. Lots of great vehicles on display
( my 816 was there) Pat Lombardy was finally able to get his M114 down to
the Judging area this year. Last year they wouldn't let him drive on the
paved lot and due to a water hazzard we were unable to circumventa parked
POV to get it judged. Worked out well this year and He got Judges choice
award for track armor and anothe first place for some thing that I can't
remember. Parking sucked, they chased us all over with the trailers and
then blocked us in when we needed to start loadiing out but they did their
best to get us out. ( to their credit). Saw Sonny Heath's Rig there but he
bailed out before I could catch up to him and say Hi. There seemed to be
some empty vendor spaces, maybe the threat of rain caused some to cancel but
I don't know for sure.There were a lot of Jeep Parts offered but not as
much Duce parts as I would have liked to see. A couple of beautyful Hemets
and some Humvees that were really great looking. ( in desert tan) there were
sime reenactors camped out in the grass on the south side of the lot. I
never got to ask them how the biviouac was with the rain, but they didn't
look any the worse for wear. I spoke to a few guys that have five tons.
both tractor trailers and other stuff. I picked up some more info on a
problem that has been plaguing me for a couple of years. You would think
that a man wo can change an air pac in a five ton in under an hour would be
able to remember that the damn thing has in fact two bleeder valves on them
we will bleed them again before the next show. Witch is this week up at the
wheelswingsandtracks show in NY.I have had a suspicion all along that I was
doing some thing stupid with these brakes. I hope that this is it. I heard a
rummor that they are looking for some place else for next years show. ther
is a lot of construction going on around Ripkin Statium this year. I don't
know how much longer the site can support a show of this size. My wife and I
bought a Jap Mule to ride around the show and it was a great help. guys
borrowed it to shuffle stuf around the park and we used it for shopping
also. Even with it, we still didn't see every thing and missed seeing some
people that we wanted to chat with . I guess it is a lack of organization
on my part We took our Grandson with us this year and we all had a great
time. Well that's all I've got. sorry you missed a great show.hope you can
get back in the swing of things Vinny----- Original Message -----