Jeep

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 11:29:20 PDT

I saw a jeep, of sorts, this morning I would like to know more about and the
seller knows next to nothing about it. It appears to be from the era of
WWll. The tub is aluminum as well as the hood. I think someome has put a
windshield from some other jeep on it. It looks just like a mighty mite to
me. Data plates are there but it isn't stamped where it says date of
delivery. Anyone care to guess what I've found? I think it has the
original running gear under it. Plugs are out but he says he has them in
the barn. The oil pan is off but he says its in the barn also. He bought
it from an old lady whose husband is dead and she said she thought it is a
1942 Willys. The tailgate is off but there. There is a hindge all the way
across the bottom of the tailgate.

Is this pile worth a grand not knowing if it has been cobbled up? Oh, and
the hood has had an extension riveted to it about a foot wide so that the
hood reaches where it was once attached by hindges. This extension appears
to be made from steel.

Thanks in advance,

Sonny