Thanks and M715 Transfercase Connection

From: chuck simpson (milveh@gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 06:30:53 PDT

Thanks to everyone for the replies yesterday, I really appreciate it.
Lots of good information and some links to sites I would have never
found.

I think my best bet after reading all your information seems to be a
small-block and a NV4500. I believe that would be the most economical
and easiest. I would love to put a diesel in there but, they are a
little out of my price range.

I do have a question about the drive shaft that connects the
transmission to transfer case. I was looking at some pictures of
various transmissions and in my search and I noticed that the tail
shaft housing on the non 4wheel drive models is very long. Since I
don't have the original tranny to go by what tail shaft should I use
and how long should the connecting drive shaft be? For example does it
use a standard 2 wheel drive tail shaft and housing or the transfer
case adapter and a special yoke? I'm not sure how the whole thing is
supposed to be configured. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chuck