Re: Thanks and M715 Transfercase Connection

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 06:27:30 PDT

It's hard to get cheaper than a small block chevy. One thing I would
consider would be a non direct injection Ford Diesel - like a 1980's 6.9
or 7.3. They are a no brainer to hook up. Not a lot of controls and no
computer. And they have tons of torque and get decent MPG. I think you
should be able to pickup an engine and automatic trans for less than
$1000 in good shape.

Dave