Re: Help, please.

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 07:39:47 PDT

I'm not sure that is such a great idea. You will probably want/need a
clutch on the pump and that might be difficult to do unless you use an
electric clutch equipped pump. (Northern Tool etc)

Why not put a pump off the transmission's PTO port? That way you can
use a cable activated engage/disengage. They are very standardized. I
think Surplus Center sells them also. That should be a lot easier than
hanging a pump on the engine.

My M51 dump has a transmission mounted PTO box for both the winch and
the dump pump.

Or if you aren't going to use it a lot, consider an 24 volt electric
pump unit. You can even get them with solenoid activated valves which
means you can put a remote cord on it. That might be the easiest and
perhaps cheapest solution.

Dave