Re: anyone live near Appleton, WI?

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2006 - 07:30:23 PDT

Hi Marc,

I appreciate the offer.

I got his phone number. It might be a work number, and I have a p.o.
box for an address but how many Dave Penders can there be? He also is
sales@siliconinvestigations.com, so today I did look that up for an
address. -only to find that it is an under construction 'cobweb' in
Menasha, WI and this joker has sales@siliconinvestigations.com as his
e-mail address. All the info in his WHOIS just points back to
apparently his ISP's billing department, no contact for him there.
slipperly little devil.

The guy could have been in an accident, dropped dead, e-mail hasn't
worked for a month because he is an idiot, had to go take care of a
loved one, etc etc.. and he has not listed anything else on evilbay
since the laser so I am going to try calling a few more times next
week and see if I can get him on the phone. It does not so much fit
the 'crook' profile as the irresponsible-and-i-had-to-leave or the
i-have-unfortunately-passed-away profile, at least not yet.

My points in the end are
1. auction closed on may 5
2. sent payment on may 8 as per usual instructions from ebay
3. no contact, nothing..

So let me give him a few days of phone calls. See what happens next.

best regards,
Patrick