Anybody know what this is?

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2006 - 20:33:37 PDT

Hi all,
I gleaned this info from another list about diesel Mercedes, and a
discussion about filtering/using used engine oil as fuel.
Since it comes from an MV, I'm wondering if anyone knows what it is, and/or,
has one for sale?
It seems it would be pertinent to our hobby, too.

As follows:

......Buy ya a Navy Surplus Sharpless, or De Laval Purifier, they have
been used for about 75 years to recycle Diesel engine lube oil and reuse it
in the GM, Fairbanks, and Colt engines used in all types of naval craft.
The units are not that big, about the size of a small washing machine,
maybe #150 lbs or less. Almost the same as a cream separator used by dairy

Thanks,
Henry