Re: MANN Truck on Ebay

From: Lee Houde (houdel@carrinter.net)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2006 - 10:46:22 PDT

Even more interesting - when I did an address search for 800 N. Michigan
Ave, Chicago, IL, a total of 170 names and telephone numbers popped up
for that address, none of which were "Matthew Barry" or "Dimitru
Bogdan"! A college dorm, perhaps?

Sarge wrote:

List,
Mandatory MV content: this e-mail is about a scam directly targeted at MV owners. Anyhoo, here is the continuing saga of the MAN truck scam on E-Bay. After a LOT of research, I have a couple of leads on the scammer. His real name is, of course, not Matthew Barry. It is most likely Dimitru Bogdan, or at least, that's the ID that he carries. He is a Romanian immigrant living in Chicago. He did not attend high school in the US. He will ship the truck to my home address:

John Fickdich
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington D.C. 20500

The $5,000 will cover the cost of the truck and also the shipping and insurance. He hangs out in a copy shop in a large mall in Chicago on the 'Magnificent
Mile'. 800 N Michigan Ave. He picks up the faxed receipt of the moneygram in the copy shop, goes to the nearest moneygram office and cashes it. On a tangent, another list member has been in contact with him. He (fake Matthew Barry) told the other list member that he was on vacation in Greece with his family and he even supplied a contact telephone number in Greece. I called the number in Greece and spoke to Matthew. For someone with a name of Matthew Barry, he sure sounded Greek to me. Well, Matthew told me to send the $5,000 to a bank in Florida. He will e-mail me with the details. Okay Matthew, please hurry, I want that truck! So, List, that's as far as I got. Now I need your help. There are 27 Bogdan's listed in the white pages for Chicago, none of them
are called Dimitru. The FAX number 1-877-471-1355 is his pick up point. Anybody on the list know how to get the name and address of that copy shop where the FAX machine is located? Anybody know how to locate Dimitru Bogdan living in Chicago? As always, any and all help is appreciated,
-Sarge

P.S. To all of you who doubt that this story is true, do us all a favor and don't e-mail me or the list with your doubts.