M880 Altenator issues solved

From: mkmvpa (mkmvpa@juno.com)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2006 - 19:20:04 PDT

I have solved the previous probelms my M880 was having with voltage drops
and poor charging. I simply removed the Amp meter from the circuit and
removed all high amperage wiring from the cab replacing it with a single
wire from the alternator to the bottom post of the start relay and a single

wire running from the bottom post of the start relay to the black 10 guage
wire feeding strangely enough the positive main feed to the cab through a
seperate whole created in the firewall. This is more along the lines of the
civilian wiring for that series of truck and increases my alternator output
a full volt and returns the voltage on cavity 2 of the ignition control
module to the OEM acceptable levels. This modification also increases the
safety of the whole system by limiting the high amperage wiring in the cab
to one wire only feeding cab and control components not the dangerous amp
meter.

Robert
MVPA#23437