Re: M880 Altenator issues solved

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2006 - 21:24:31 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "mkmvpa" <mkmvpa@juno.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 7:20 PM
Subject: [MV] M880 Altenator issues solved

> I have solved the previous probelms my M880 was having with voltage drops
> and poor charging. I simply removed the Amp meter from the circuit and
> removed all high amperage wiring from the cab replacing it with a single
> wire from the alternator to the bottom post of the start relay and a
single
> wire running from the bottom post of the start relay

That's pretty much what I'd done with the couple I've had to fix. If I
still owned mine I would've installed an underdash-type generic voltmeter so
I could keep an eye on what's going on with the 12V side, but I think my old
M886 retired as someone's hunting buggy out there in the weeds somewhere.
Oink. What a gas pig. :)