antifreeze

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2006 - 10:59:16 PDT

 How much fluid in CUCV Radiator

I have been told that the old familiar anti-freeze as it comes out of bottle
is flammable - never tried it - has anyone heard this, and what about new
stuff is it flammable?

And while on subject - straight anti-freeze does not give same protection
from low temperature as 50/50 mix, it will freeze at a higher temp than mix
will. - so I have heard, never tried it.

Back many years ago my buddies and I could not afford antifreeze - we used
2/3 kerosene, 1/3 water and hand full of detergent - detergent kept mixture
mixed, at least we thought it did. Never had a freeze up.