3/4 Ton Dodge (parts vehicle..) NOT M37 Up for Grabs

From: jhooah (jhooah@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 07:56:04 PDT

Jonathan:
As no one seems to have responded, I'd recommend you post it on two locations on the G503 Forums
"1/2 - 2Ton trucks" section:

http://www.g503.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=25&sid=3142d55ec710b3f8a2ad983626569f12

and "Power Wagons" section:

http://www.g503.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=56

It's a cut down WWII WC series 3/4 ton "Closed cab" either a former ambulance or possibly a Carryall.
Pictures initially looked like a Carved up Command Car, but you can tell the windshield cowling doesn't pivot down, and the metal behind the front entryway looks to be fabricated across the back of the front seats. (possibly a Open cab 1/2 ton truck section grafted in there. Doubt it's remnants of a 3/4t Command Car front door section as there's no battery box cutout left in the side.)

Possible parts values (And most of this is SWAG value) (Silly Wild A-- Guess)

Hood $40
Fenders $50 each
Combat Rims $50 each
M37 Split Rim $25 each
Front Grill/radiator assembly $100+ depending on condition
Front bumper hooks $15 each
Headlight buckets $20 each

Other potential parts:
Running Gear is Valuable when someone needs parts, but NOT for a Hunting jeep as it would do 45mph max, the transmissions unsynchronized and the differentials slip, not lock when crossing a ditch.
Dash guages (good luck on any left)
Steering column
Axle Shafts

There's No original running boards I can see, these look like Diamond Plate

Post it on the G503, someone may have a heartbeat for it or the parts value. Not worth restoring, as there's many better (and inexpensive) unrestored trucks still out there.

If he goes modifying it MORE ...he'd be better to start with a later model CJ Jeep. (Parts are available everywhere then)

By the way, when he's done with it, it will STILL have the same value, as i doubt even bubba could damage it much more after 63 years of abuse.... Shame....

V/R Winget