Leading Dutch collector dies

From: Nigel Hay MILWEB (nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 01:14:22 PDT

The death of Dutch collector Marinus Veldhuizen on 17th June 2006 will be
deeply felt by his friends and members of the MVT. Marinus became a member
of the Military Vehicle Conservation Group in 1975, after joining the
Group's 1975 Breakout Tour, he was one of the pioneers in Military Vehicle
restoration in Holland, he helped organise a large part of the Group's tour
to Arnhem in 1977. Marinus was born in Arnhem 7th January 1943, and after
the battle for the bridge at Arnhem in September 1944, when the population
was evacuated, he went too - in his pram – his first tour! His working life
started in banking, but he soon realised that a teacher’s life would be
better for him, since it allowed more time to restore his vehicles! His
energetic interest in Military Vehicles continued until prevented by
illness. His sparkling personality (behind the moustache) will always be
remembered as he rode his Harley, controlling the traffic during the tours,
or whizzing around on his Welbike; always willing to help anyone and a joy
and a priviledge to have known. He leaves a wife, Marleen, and three
children, Sanne, Mac and Bo, to whom we offer our very deepest and sincerest
condolences.

Warwick Offredi
Military Vehicle Trust
Press & Communications Officer

NIGEL HAY
Publisher
www.milweb.net

Used by over 12,500 military collectors and dealers each week!