Re: Can anyone ID this ammo magazine?

From: Stephen L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2006 - 04:48:22 PDT

Without actually seeing the picture I might venture a guess by ohter
posts. If its metal, & kinda a small suitcase size, might be for the DPM
Russian ( & rest of commie block ) Light machinegun. This is the one AKA
as the "record player" as it used a "pan" magazine. Held about 50 or so
rounds of 7.62 X54R ammo. The magazines sat atop the MG. Can ususally
held about 3 of these magazines I believe
I'll try to look at the pic later as I'm heading off to work rightnow.
Steve