RE: Can anyone ID this ammo magazine?

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2006 - 09:03:47 PDT

List,

I have confirmation that it is NOT for the DSHK, and is infact the ammo
can for the 23mm belt-fed ZU air defense weapon.

I've been making friends in Russia from importing and exporting Russian
Militaria. Amazingly enough I'm the only (or maybe one of very very few)
source for a few specific Russian combat gear items (that I'd prefer not
to post here) in the entire U.S. - They're even out of stock in Russian
stores! :D

Here's two replies I got from real Russians:

"almost positive its Russian or Chinese
looks big, and it isnt for a DSHK..."

"Its for the ZU air defence weapon system...
In use and made by the Russians and the Chinese.
Never seen the "bullets" (stamped on the top) on a Russian one before so
I'd guess it was Chinese."

Aaron Horrocks
Airsoft Reenactor's Group, Military History Preservation Society, Mopar
Alley, MVCC, NRA, ETC...
1952 M38A1 + 1952 M100 Trailer!
1970 Plymouth
1986 G.P. Medium