Re: Dayton MVPA pics

From: beng79 (30363johansson@telia.com)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2006 - 08:04:12 PDT

Sorry, but you are very wrong in that assessment. This vehicle was no
improvised design. It was an integral part of the German series of half- (or
rather three-quarter-)tracked vehicles, and built on the same principles.
Like its bigger cousins, this vehicle had a dual steering system, with
steering brakes on the tracks taking over for tighter turns. The tracks had
rubber-clad links, with greased pins like the bigger vehicles, needing an
enormous amount if maintenace. It was intended as a replacement for heavy
motorcycles in situations where these were insufficient.

This vehicle is very attractive among collectors and museums today.

Do a google on 'kettenkrad' and you will have near to 100,000 hits to check
out!

BJ