Re: importing MUTT from vietnam

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 20:39:34 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <SETOYOTA@aol.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 6:24 PM
Subject: [MV] importing MUTT from vietnam

> anybody else seen this

M151A2 with a dataplate "from the 1960's" is interesting. Neat trick
considering the first A2 was 1970. Bet he got the repro dataplates about
the same time he bought all those lovely repro stickers all stuck in the
wrong places.

Weren't there some late-model M151A2s shipped to places like Cambodia
*after* the War ended in 1975? I've seen pics which look very much like
this M151A2, so I would hazard a guess that this vehicle is one of those
with a 1960's title and re-stamped dataplate just for fun. I'm just
guessing though. I've seen some pics of the genuine 'found' ones in that
part of the world before (mostly A1s), and they're rusty, beat, and have
usually been grossly modified over the decades in order to keep them
running. Jeepney Extreme.