Re: What gear oil for 1008?

From: captw1 (captw1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2006 - 09:09:15 PDT

neither axle in the M1008 requires a "limited slip
additive because the truck is not equipped with ltd.
slip diffs. ...the rear is a Detroit type locker and
does not require the additive...basic 80W 90 Hypoid
gear oil is quite adequate...as an aside, use Dexron
II or higher grade transmission oil in the
transfer***do not use gear oil in the NP208 transfer
case***...Wilf