Military Vehicles, September 1996,: Re: Questions from a newbie?

Re: Questions from a newbie?

Andy Dingley (dingbat@codesmth.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 06 Sep 1996 07:51:59 GMT

On Thu, 05 Sep 1996 07:11:44 -0600, you wrote:

>I saw a Ferret parked on the street in Denver a month ago, and fell in love.
>The only problem with it, as I see it, is that it only seats two. I'm
>wondering if there is a small, wheeled, apc that perhaps has a crew of 2,
>and seats 4?

That puts me off Ferrets too.

How about a BRDM ? Freely available from East German border patrols,
they're not much bigger than a Ferret, but the open topped bodywork
can cope with more passengers.

Although they look like 4 wheelers, they're actually _8_ wheelers ! -
there's another 4 non-tyred chain-driven wheels underneath, to help it
climbing out of ditches.