Military Vehicles, November 1996,: Re: M715 Gas in Distributor?

Re: M715 Gas in Distributor?

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 16:55:43 -0500

I had a similar experience, but not with a M715. Not sure if
the M715 is the same, but the distributor gets its vacuum from
a fitting on the carb. The carb. needed rebuilt and had something
internally wrong and was leaking into that vacuum port.

Todd Paisley

----------
> From: Dr. Steven E. Taylor <staylor@eng.auburn.edu>
> To: mil-veh@skylee.com
> Subject: M715 Gas in Distributor?
> Date: Monday, November 11, 1996 11:15 AM
>

> I have a '67 M715 Kaiser Jeep truck with original equipment.
>
> After not driving it for a couple of weeks, I recently was unable to
start
> it. After checking a few things I decided to pull off the distributor
cap.
> While undoing the screws that hold on the cap, fuel came pouring out.
Yes,