Military Vehicles, November 1996,: Re: Military Jeep Purchase

Re: Military Jeep Purchase

Steve (oes@wavenet.com)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:18:52 -0800

Victor R. Stull wrote:

> > restoral. Does the government still sell the jeeps for $50... If so,
> > what condition are they in when you receive them. Any help at all
> > would be appreciated.

> point of stating that it did not sell jeeps at greatly reduced price, or for
> any price that I can recall. Since this was the only item of govt inventory

It is possible to buy a almost new M151 Jeep from a Government
Auction... But there is a point, The Jeep needs to be
"De-Milled" or demilitarized, which means after successfully
bidding on a vehicle, you get to remove the parts you want
such as wheels, tires, tops, engine, trans. and then
the rest of the vehicle has to be destroyed by cutting into
four pieces with a torch or crushed with a tracked vehicle.
It does not leave much left after they are finished with
it.
Your best bet is to pay the $4000 and find a 151 that already
has a title... But there are other risks involved with that
which maybe can be discussed at a later time!

--