Military Vehicles, December 1996,: Re: Military Surplus of Hummers

Re: Military Surplus of Hummers

Chuck Chriss (Chuck_Chriss@qx.com)
11 Dec 96 8:26:12

There are a few out there. I see them advertised in Military Vehicles or
Supply Line. Typical price is around US$35,000. There are also more and more
dealers who have parts available including body tubs etc. so it may be possible
to build one starting with a rewelded frame. Keep checking the mags.

You can also run a "Wanted" ad in any of those mags or in the Mil Hot Sheets
(available on Internet).

Hope you find it,
chuck
At 04:27 PM 12/10/96 -0800, Richard C. Hanseen, CPA wrote:
>I am searching for information regarding the surplus of Military Hummers.
>I would be prepared to buy in 6 months and no later than a year. I am
>willing to pay $16,00 in any condition. Please e-mail me back with any
>ideas or comments.
>
> rchcpa@skylink.net

I don't know of any current places that have any forsale. That will be a
very hard find. I know of one Hummer forsale, but they want alot of money
for it..... it is the first one of the regular series put out. I know that
the military is cutting the frames up into "x" patterns and the the motor
and axles are being torched and crushed. I do have a old source for the
frames and motors , I will try and find that for you.

Will Scott
MVPA Member
RMMVCC Newsletter Editor
jscott@henge.com