Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Re: LOOKING FOR GPW PARTS

Re: LOOKING FOR GPW PARTS

Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@pi.net)
Wed, 01 Jan 1997 21:29:19 +0100

AGBTS wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I'm looking for:
>
> - Front early driver's seat(s) stamped "F"
> - Front driver's seat(s) stamped "F"
> - Front passenger seat(s) stamped "F"
> - Rear passengers seat(s) stamped "F"
> - GPW Ford Engines, complets
> - Front bumpers, stamped "F"
>
> AND LOOKING FOR FORD PIGMY AND GP 1940-1941, UNRESTORED
>
> Can anyone help my? thank you! A.Bertalmio/Switzerland

Hello,

I know that Ken Hake in The States (will give the adress soon)
had some unrestored GP's standing in his yard (very bad ones).
However I don't know if he will sell them unrestored, because
he is specialized in restoring GP's (he does that very well!!).
I wish you luck finding a Pigmy, I never saw a preserved Pigmy
(but you never know). I don't know what kind of GPW you're restoring
(early,mid or late production) just don't put too many "F's" in
a late production GPW (composite-body), early production GPW's
usually had "F's" everywhere you could see, just to make clear
to everyone around that it was not a Willys but a Ford. In the
later stages of production they used more and more the same parts
as Willys.

Auke Dijkstra