Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Hi, recent M-37 purchase

Hi, recent M-37 purchase

David Foner/PicTel (David_Foner@smtpnotes.pictel.com)
3 Jan 97 16:34:35 EDT

To: mil-veh @ skylee.com @ smtp
cc:
From: David Foner/PicTel
Date: 01/03/97 01:40:37 PM
Subject: Hi, recent M-37 purchase

I recently purchased a repowered M-37 (sorry purists, chevrolet 350 V8 w/TH-350
automatic) that is in near perfect body condition (repainted to gray by the
municipality that purchased it from military). I have been "reading the mail"
on the mil-veh list for several months, and would like to say thanks to those
who have knowingly or unknowingly been directing me to various sources where
parts and supplies may be obtained. I will be joining the MVPA and look
forward to some of the upcoming events in the New England Area (one of the
advantages of a repowered truck is increased reliability, at least for me,
since i already had a barn full of small block chevy engine/transmission parts).

The Dodge is a real head turner !! I have it regestered as an antique vehicle
in the comw. of massachusetts, entitling me to a hefty insurance discount, with
driving restrictions (that i ignore). I drive the truck to work nearly every
nice day (35 mile round trip) and take it for a lunch time cruise on every nice
day. Some of the neat things already on order are a canvas cargo cover from
New Life Resouces and various weatherstripping and other pieces from Vintage
Power Wagons.

I am still looking for a source for taller gears, to get me out of the rpm
stratosphere while on the highway. I would like to find some of the original
manuals for the truck (reprints fine). I am still looking for local tire
sources (i prefer local tire shops) not necessarily for N-D's. I would also
like to find junk yards or other parts sources in the New England area as well.

regards, dave foner
amateur radio callsign W1TQ