Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Re: Dodge WC-41 (T-215)

Re: Dodge WC-41 (T-215)

Tony Standefer (WillysJeep@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 19:12:13 -0800

David Prince wrote:

> Looking for any information regarding Dodge WC-41 vehicles. If possible,
> would like to find out what body type would have been fitted to vehicle
> with frame # 81519300 and USA Reg.# of W-008616. Also what different
> body types were used on WC-41. Thanks.
>
> --
> Dave Prince
> davprin@gil.co.au

Bart Vanderveens "Fighting Vehicles of WW2" shows a "Emergency Repair
Body fitted to a WC-41. it's purpose was to provide moble facilities
for emergency ordnance repair. It was also fitted with dual rear tires.
There is another picture of it in Crismons "us military wheeled
vehicles" It said a total of 902 of these chassis were built and some
carried "other" types of bodies such as oil service. (which I've never
seen). You've got my curiosity up since the WC-41 is just listed as a
cab and chassis. Let me know what you find out, you might solve another
MV mystery!!!

Tony Standefer
1944 Willys