Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Re: M38A1

Re: M38A1

Kerry Vanderzalm (kvanderz@direct.ca)
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 07:40:35 -0800

----------
> From: Charles Schultz <charlie@valleysystems.com>
> To: Bill J Morin <bjmorin@hcn.hcnews.com>
> Cc: mil-veh@skylee.com
> Subject: Re: M38A1
> Date: Thursday, January 23, 1997 7:49 PM
>
> Bill J Morin wrote:

I now am the proud owner of an M38A1.
> > Has an 327 chev eng, and rest is org. Is the T90 trans
> > heavy enough for the stock 327,

> I don't know about an M38, but I have the same set-up (327 on a T-90) in
> my Willys wagon and at minimum, have to replace the syncro's every 4-5K
> miles and complete rebuild every 8k. This is even when keeping loads
> and acceleration as light as I can.

My '52 CJ3 has a T-90 and a very stock 283. I started my project with
an old tired T-90.I blew 2nd. gear after about 2000 miles. The syncros were
already shot. I hope to have better luck this time.What do you think?
If this trany blows is there an easy transplant? I would rather not change
the transfer case if I can get away with it.

Kerry