Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Re: GPW rubber parts. Was:1943 GPW

Re: GPW rubber parts. Was:1943 GPW

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 19:36:40 -0500

Input and output seals on the transfer case also changed to
leather. How do you determine which Ford plant a GPW
came from? A friend of mine has a bunch of data plates
and he has noticed some differences in the way the data
plate are stamped. (Type of stamp used, location of various
stamps, etc.) He thinks the plates were different because
they came from different plants. I would love to know where
my GPW was built at.

Todd Paisley