Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: CJ2A Parts

Re: CJ2A Parts

Jess Minton (pd.minton@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 23:51:40 +0000

At 05:59 PM 2/10/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I have a 1948 CJ2A while not truly a military vehicle did, I am told, see
>some military duty with the navy exchange in Davisville, R.I. Currently in
>the process of restoration and need drivers, passengers and rear seat. As
>close to original as possible. Also would like to find either an original
>body tub or a reproduction as close to original as possible ie with no
>glove box and an indentation in the dash for the hand brake. Either an
>E-Mail to NicholasFriduss@ij.net or call 813--884-3190. I'm located in
>Tampa Fl. USA.. many thanks

Nicholas,
Good places to start looking are:
Body parts: JC Whitney in Chicago, Ill their PH# is (312) 431-6102
(p.s. these parts are about 20%off till March.)
Rapco Parts in Bowie,TX. (817)872-2403
Seats and stuff: Brent Mullins Jeep in College Station, TX (409) 690-0203
Repo-Depo in Houston, TX. (713) 849-2279
(mostly Phillipeno remakes that fit just fine)
Also check internet address:
HTTP://flash.lakeheadu.ca/~mkruitho/wilpart.html
HTTP://www.sofcom.com.au./4wd

the first one is a complete list of parts dealers listed by state!
Good Luck!

Jess Minton
'43 GPW-128556
Arlington, TX