Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: mil-veh list nuisances

Re: mil-veh list nuisances

Gerry Davison (gerry@login.dknet.dk)
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 08:06:02 +0100 (MET)

In message Mon, 24 Feb 1997 16:43:38 +0930,
Douglas Greville <dgreville@apollo.ruralnet.net.au> writes:

> Hello everyone.
> I have noticed (as would you) that we are getting an increase in
> "drive-by" subscribers to this list. Heavens knows why they bother
> to join in the first place. We have all seen the
> frustration in Arthur Kyles postings regarding the procedure
> to remove one's name from the list.

Hi Doug and everyone else

I myself have replied to 5 this last week on how to get off. And yes,
Doug, thier claims are amazing !!!
Maybe it's about time we took this list OFF the WWW and kept it running
merely as a list, the way I intended it to be when I started it. Otherwise
we'll end up in the same place as with a Usenet news conference. When
Arthur gets back I'll be suggesting that in order to get a grip, we'll
remove the list from the WWW. With 400 members across the world, I think
the list will survive now, and probably grow by word of mouth among those
who really do care for the hobby.

Regards
Gerry Davison - Denmark
Chairman Danish Society for Military Vehicle Preservation (FMKB)
mil-veh List Originator.