Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: Insurance premiums

Re: Insurance premiums

Maurizio Beretta (pierino@mbox.vol.it)
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:38:44 +0100

At 16.33 24/02/97 +0000, you wrote:
>MV people,
>
>With the talk about insurance for MVs I was wondering what sort of
>premiums people pay around the world. In the UK it seems MV
>insurance is cheap compared to the cost of insurance for a family
>car.
>
>A recent quote for a military 6x6 truck in the UK was around 50 pounds
>(thats about 80 dollars) per year. This was with unlimited mileage,
>though with petrol consumption costing the owner around 1 pound
>(1.6 dollars), per mile, the insurance company can be pretty sure
>you're not going to run up a high mileage!
>
>How does this compare with the rest of the world ?
>

>richard e.
>

>Richard H. Evans R&D Engineer
>
>Mail: BBC R&D Department, Kingswood Warren, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 6NP
>Tel: +44 1737 836678
>Fax: +44 1737 836667
>e-mail: richard.evans@rd.bbc.co.uk

about insurances here in Italy..
all vehicles with Historic plates, registered as well at the ASI
(Automotoclub Storico Italiano) have not to pay any tax; the italian branch
of MVPA, IMVCC, got a agreement with a couple of insurance companies, one of
them is TORO, where I've signed a contract for my '43 MB at $ 3.000.000
liability, property damage and $ 11,000 theft and total loss (jeep
valutation) for $ 260 per year, unlimited mileage, two registered drivers.
I'm married, two kids and 37.

Maurizio Beretta mailto:pierino@mbox.vol.it
Chiasso, 11
I - Milan 20155 Maurizio_Beretta@rcm.inet.it