Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: Insurance premiums

Re: Insurance premiums

Per Nord (per.nord@emw.ericsson.se)
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 06:43:52 -0800

Maurizio Beretta wrote:

> At 16.33 24/02/97 +0000, you wrote:
> >MV people,
> >
> >With the talk about insurance for MVs I was wondering what sort of
> >premiums people pay around the world. In the UK it seems MV
> >insurance is cheap compared to the cost of insurance for a family
> >car.
> >
> >A recent quote for a military 6x6 truck in the UK was around 50 pounds
> >(thats about 80 dollars) per year. This was with unlimited mileage,
> >though with petrol consumption costing the owner around 1 pound
> >(1.6 dollars), per mile, the insurance company can be pretty sure
> >you're not going to run up a high mileage!
> >
> >How does this compare with the rest of the world ?
> >

> >richard e.
> >

> >Richard H. Evans R&D Engineer
> >
> >Mail: BBC R&D Department, Kingswood Warren, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 6NP
> >Tel: +44 1737 836678
> >Fax: +44 1737 836667
> >e-mail: richard.evans@rd.bbc.co.uk
> >

> about insurances here in Italy..
> all vehicles with Historic plates, registered as well at the ASI
> (Automotoclub Storico Italiano) have not to pay any tax; the italian branch
> of MVPA, IMVCC, got a agreement with a couple of insurance companies, one of
> them is TORO, where I've signed a contract for my '43 MB at $ 3.000.000
> liability, property damage and $ 11,000 theft and total loss (jeep
> valutation) for $ 260 per year, unlimited mileage, two registered drivers.
> I'm married, two kids and 37.
>
> Maurizio Beretta mailto:pierino@mbox.vol.it
> Chiasso, 11
> I - Milan 20155 Maurizio_Beretta@rcm.inet.it
> ph. + 39 2 3270228 fax + 39 2 3270228

Hi out there.

Here in SWEDEN we pay about 250 sek = 35 usd per year if the wichle
are in oiginal shape and you are a member of a collector club.
Gas cost about 8 sek per liter = 1 usd per quarter gallon.
For a regular car 2500 sek = 350 usd , i have an AUDI estate wagon
1992 2.3 liter. My house cost me about the same as the car.
Please visit our clubs homepage http://members.tripod.com/~MFHF/
and sign ouer guestbook there.