Military Vehicles, March 1997,: Re: M48 Tank Wanted

Re: M48 Tank Wanted

Douglas Greville (dgreville@apollo.ruralnet.net.au)
Sat, 01 Mar 1997 18:30:33 +1030

David C. Decker wrote:

> Does anyone know where or if a private individual can purchase a M48
> Tank? I spent my first tour on Vietnam on one and now, 27 years, wooops!,
> 28 years later, I am in a position to perhaps buy one and run it around
> my ranch (farm) Yes, I am a little crazy, thank you very much. Dave
> Decker, Arizona.

Check with fellow Americans but I can't see why it wouldn't
be legal in Arizona. (And we Aussies think we have it tuff
with effectively 7 states all making there own laws, let alone
the 51? states you have)

Try Budge in England, I know they have M47 Pattons there is also a
US agent for them who advertises in either 'Supply Line' or
'Military Vehicles' magazine. I can look it up for you.

Also go to this address for a very impressive ex-tankers page
work your way through the menus until you get to the "old friend"
bit, his M47 or M48 I don't remember which, but it is well worth
a look. (Can you Email me back with info on just how you tell the
difference between these 2 vehicles please).

http//www.ansaldo.it/~paesani/tankgall.html

Regards
Doug

--