Military Vehicles, March 1997,: Re: 151's Time to Grow

Re: 151's Time to Grow

Front Line Military Vehicles (flmv@netrax.net)
Sun, 02 Mar 1997 12:23:31 -0500

Jim Leonard wrote:

> To All:
>
> This is getting out of hand. All of it.
>
> For the sake of the individual that drives his or her Hummer, 151A2 to Memphis
> this year, beware......
>
> Jerry and I have had a good talk on Friday and all the MVPA is trying to do is
> to keep from having an incident with an attendee and some member of the
> Federal Govt. trying to confiscate the vehicle.

THIS SAME RUMOR WAS FLYING AROUND AT LAST YEARS PORTLAND SHOW.
IN FACT THE CANADIANS THAT CAME DOWN FROM B.C. W/ 151'S THOUGHT LONG AND
HARD ABOUT IT.

> Can you imagine the stain that this would put on the 97 convention.
>
> That's why there will be no judging this year on these vehicles.

PEOPLE ARN'T GOING TO LEAVE VEHICLES AT HOME JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT
TO BE JUDGED.
IF THE MVPA WANTS TO AVOID ANY POTENTIAL PROBLEMS THEY SHOULD CANCEL THE
CONVENTION,
AND WE CAN ALL CRAWL UNDER A ROCK AND HIDE TILL THIS BLOWS OVER.

> If you do attend with an A2 or other vehicle, please bring "Proof" (several
> cases) of ownership.

GUESS THIS INCLUDES THE FAMILY CAR.

> We are still interested in an actual documented confiscation of a military
> vehicle.
>
> Give it a rest. I'm sorry that I got everyone heated up. The MVPA is a good
> organization and it does look after its' members.
>
> Enough said ,,,,,, Jim Leonard

BOTTOM LINE---IF THE MVPA WANTS TO LOOK AFTER THE BEST INTEREST OF ITS
MEMBERS IT WOULD INVESTIGATE MORE INTO THEIS MATTER BEFORE MAKING A
"WHAT IF/KNEE JERK REACTION".

JEFF HAIN-MATSON