Military Vehicles, March 1997,: Re: M22 Locust Hulls

Re: M22 Locust Hulls

Douglas Greville (dgreville@apollo.ruralnet.net.au)
Mon, 03 Mar 1997 17:49:46 +0930

Tanker06@aol.com wrote:

> Two of the items were two M22 "Locust" hulls. This is
> the (very)light tank that the airborne troops could transport
> in their gliders. Both are touted as restorable, and he is
> asking $15,000 for both, but neither has a turret. I might be
> interested in them, but trying to find one turret, let alone two,
> would be a total b**ch!!

Jerry

Having now been in tracked armour as an enthusiast for roughly
14 years, I always give the same advice to anyone who is thinking
of getting a tank. "If the vehicle isn't complete: don't by a Hull
until the Turret you need is sitting in your yard. You will
always be able to sell the Turret, but just how many people want
a Tank without a Turret" - very very few! You may have noticed
that one of the list members is looking for a M26 Pershing Turret,
I wish him lots of luck, because his chances are slim. I wonder
if there are any wrecks still lurking around in Korea?

Rick Green wrote
> Also tracks should be no problem to
> reproduce.

Rick, you have me intrigued. What do you know that I don't?
The biggest bug bear of any tracked vehicle collector
is track and where the next set is coming from. Ask
any Weasel owner.

--
M8 GREYHOUND & Other Armoured Vehicles
        _______