Military Vehicles, March 1997,: LARC V MANUALS

LARC V MANUALS

ROD_DIERY (ROD_DIERY@onaustralia.com.au)
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 09:31:40 -0800

----------
> From: lombardi@star.net
> To: ROD_DIERY <ROD_DIERY@onaustralia.com.au>

> Rod,
>
> Would you have access to any LARC V shop manuals or drawings?
> They are
> some difficult to find here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe Lombardi

Hi Joe,

I have been out of the Army for nearly five years now so I don't have
access to many of the manuals and instructions that I used to have but I
may be able to help you a little.

I do have copies of the following:

TM55-1930-205-10 Operators Manual
Aust. Army Maritime School Marine Engineering Wing handouts on:
Engine Troubleshooting
Brake System
Lubrication System
Fuel System
Aust. Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Instructions (EMEI) Marine
N120-1 Data Summary for standard LARC V and EMEI Marine N130-1 Data Summary
for ANARE LARC V.

I also have several other loose drawing and sheets on a variety of
subjects. If you would like copies please send me your postal address and I
will photocopy them for you. Unfortunately, I would have to charge a small
fee since I would have to pay for the photocopying and postal charges.
About $40 Aust. should cover everything.

Incidentally, the Australian Army operated a unique version of the LARC V
for use in the resupply of the Australian Antarctic bases for the
Australian National Antarctic Research Expedition (ANARE) . These LARCs
were fitted with a Hiab 600 hydraulic crane on the cargo deck behind the
cab. They also had extra mooring bollards welded to the decks and were
fitted with a Halon engine bay flooding fire extinguisher system as well as
a ether based cold start system. They were the only LARCs in Australian
service which were painted, initially Safety Yellow but after about 1980
were International Orange. All other Australian LARCs remained in their
natural aluminium finish. All ANARE LARCs were modified "in house" by the
Royal Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (RAEME) and were
totally rebuilt after every two summer resupply seasons.

If I can help in any other way, please contact me. I do have other general
manuals on Cummins engines which are too difficult to photocopy without
destroying them.

Cheers

Rod Diery
Kulin Western Australia
Austin Champ owner and 'would be' restorer
ROD_DIERY@onaustralia.com.au