To: Chuck_Chriss @ qx.com @ internet,
cc: GIjeeps @ aol.com @ internet (bcc: Chuck Chriss/QXCOM)
From: GIjeeps @ aol.com @ INTERNET @ WORLDCOM
Date: 03/04/97 08:54:02 PM CST
Subject: Re: MVPA

Chuck, I was humming the National Anthem by the time I finished your letter!
The only thing I can add is a word of advice to those who want to quit the
MVPA or refrain from joining until this is over. I'll start by relating a
brief, true story; when President George Bush lost the election to the
present administration and our new Commander-in-Chief took over, one of the
effects was that morale and re-enlistment in the Armed Forces
declined sharply. Later that year the Commandant of the Marine Corps issued
an open letter to all Marines stating, basically, that this is not the time
to leave, now is the time when your Corps needs you most.
It is roughly the same situation with the MVPA now. If all of the disgruntled
and disappointed members deserted every time there was a crisis there would
only be six people in the MVPA at any given time. Besides you can't possibly
accomplish anything from the outside looking in. Once you quit the MVPA, the
MVPA has little reason or obligation to listen to you. So, my fair weather
friends, please calmly consider this statement and re-consider your actions.
That's the only way we can Keep Them Rolling!! Good-Bye and Semper Fi
from GI jeeps!!