Military Vehicles, March 1997,: Re: West Aust Mil Vehicles

Re: West Aust Mil Vehicles

ROD_DIERY (ROD_DIERY@onaustralia.com.au)
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 10:27:48 -0800

> ROD_DIERY wrote:
>
> > Toyota 2FQ15 (about 1957) This looks to be a copy of an M37 with only
minor etc.

You wrote:
> You have just made me sick!!!
> I have been trying to purchase and FQ15 for about 10 years. etc

Hi Steve,
Sorry that I made you sick about the Toyota. A good friend of mine has
just bought it. Unfortunately for you, he knows a good rare military
vehicle when he sees one and will not part with it for any amount of money.
He doesn't know exactly how this vehicle got to Australia but he does know
that it has been here for at least 30 years. At one time, it was being used
by the Agricultural Protection Board here in Western Australia towing a
water trailer.

Overall, the vehicle is in very good condition and will probably not even
be restored in the forseeable future. He should have it licensed for daily
use by now. I will try to get some pics taken of it and send them to you
when I go to Perth again in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I would
appreciate if you can email any pics to me. I don't think he has any
manuals for it so if you could locate some, I am sure that he would be
willing to pay for them.

Any other information you could tell us about these vehicles would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Rod Diery
Kulin Western Australia
Austin Champ owner and 'would be' restorer
ROD_DIERY@onaustralia.com.au